Thursday, July 7, 2016

what this life [today] could be.

A lot of days I just try to survive. More than I would care to admit. There's a distinct monotony to our days that I have settled for.

Wake
Prepare and serve breakfast
Clean up breakfast
Naptime for baby
Playtime with preschooler
Prepare and serve lunchhaven spaghetti
Clean up lunch
Naptime
Dishes/clean
Kids up = Crazy time
Prepare and serve dinner
asher chef
Clean up dinner
Playtime
Bedtime routine for kids
Crash on couch for an hour
Sleep

Here's the thing. I don't think the problem is that I've accepted this as my life. Because, let's face it, this is my life right now, for the most part. (And it's a good life.)

The problem is that I see it as monotony. Wearisome and tedious. I have been blind to the potential that each day brings.

Only lately has the curtain been lifting, little by little. I was gripping that curtain to the floor, wallowing in my disheartenment, living vicariously through my favorite blogs and instagrammers and even tv characters (a bit pathetic?).

As I begin to really see, I'm honestly surprised at the possibilities. At the natural effects of living presently and deliberately.

I feel like I'm waking up. That I "just showed up for my own life." (thanks Sara.)


No comments: