Thursday, July 7, 2016

haven's nursery 1.0

I spent a lot of time on Haven's nursery while we lived in Pennsylvania. And she lived in it for a whopping four months. But the preparation was so worth it...I LOVED it.
It's where we brought our sweet baby home. Where she learned to sleep through the night (at 1 month!). Where I rocked and rocked and rocked her. And where we played and read on the soft rug.
Haven Nursery_8
Her crib fit perfectly in this nook in her room. I made some paintings on large canvases, as well as a cloud and teardrop mobile to hang from the ceiling. And I made the crib sheet to be the perfect pinky-peach color.
Haven Nursery_1A little frame collage above the changing table. That's Haven's 3 month picture. And the framed words on the lower left says "Love is spoken here." Also, I made the changing pad cover to match the crib sheet.
Haven Nursery_2The rocking chair I found on Craigslist. My mom crocheted the blanket for Haven. The lamp was a hand-me-down gift from a friend that I spray painted gold and covered to match the changing pad cover.
Haven Nursery_3
I picked up these shelves from Hobby Lobby that I spray painted white.
Haven Nursery_4
My friend Ashley painted this canvas that we hung above the door.Haven Nursery_5
The dresser is another hand-me-down (from the same friend!) that Michael painted white. I found the beehive looking container at Goodwill, which I painted gold, and it houses Haven's hospital tags and booties and knit hat from our midwife.
Haven Nursery_6




































I made this fantastic chandelier out of waxed paper and a lamp shade, of all things! It was so incredibly time consuming, but it's so amazing and dramatic in person.Haven Nursery_7
Oh, and here is what hung on the outside of Haven's door.Haven Nursery_9

I'm so glad we were able to enjoy this sweet girly nursery for the time we lived in PA. Currently, Haven is sleeping in our room. But once we decide how we'll make a third bedroom in our house, I'll have fun designing another girly room.

No comments: