Thursday, July 7, 2016

things I learned in march

So here we are, on the cusp of April. It seems that I learned a few things this past month.

1. Days of rest are vital.

Um, so it's been a while (months in fact) since Michael has taken a full day off of work. But we remedied that on a gloriously fun day in March. We had a leisurely morning, Michael went to a coffee shop on his own for a couple hours, we went to the park to play and eat lunch, I took off for coffee, then Michael and Asher went to see the Lego Movie. We had so much fun resting and playing.
park picnic
haven park
picnicking at the park
2. It helps no one to be angry with my child(ren). I never actually thought I'd be a person whose blood pressure could so quickly spike in reaction to a whiny 3-year old. But I don't like that reaction in me, and I certainly don't like the response to my anger that I see in my son. So, yeah, working on that.
asher sledding
that smile!!!
3. Spring might be my new favorite season. Everything is new. The old hardness melts away and it reminds me that I am a new creation.
Asher green grass
haven green grass
green grass last year
4. Sugar might be my enemy. But I love it. This presents a problem. So, I will be embarking on a sugar detox beginning on April 6. A group of friends is starting a detox on the 1st, but I'm going out of town with some family and we'll be having lots of yummy food. This happens on the 4th and 5th, so I will be indulging in that, then abruptly shun all things sugar. I can't imagine my body is going to have any problem with me doing that. I do believe that the biggest sacrifice will be my beloved coffee creamer. Oh, how I will miss you.
vanilla nut
Vanilla Nutty goodness
5. I actually can be on time for things. It's true! This happened 7-8 times in March, and I had children with me for some of these occasions! (Before you get all judge-y on me, be reminded that I am a stay at home mom, with few commitments outside of the home. So 7-8 instances of timeliness constitutes probably 80% of all applicable situations.)
For example, my mom was going to visit my grandma, so the kids and I tagged along for the quick trip to surprise her. I had us all fed, packed, and ready when my mom arrived at 10:15 (am!) to pick us up.
4 generations
a 4 generation selfie
March really was a great month.

No comments: